Advanced Search
Screen Reader users press enter to Limit by Topic.  Limit by Topic
Search Tips
Search filters applied

What if I have another disability not previously claimed?

Published 05/08/2006 03:06 PM   |    Updated 05/27/2010 04:47 PM
What if I have another disability not previously claimed?

If you have another disability that you feel is related to your military service, but you have not previously filed a claim for that disability, you may file a new claim by submitting a written request. VA Form 21-4138, Statement in Support of Claim, may also be used for this purpose.

You can find VA Form 21-4138 at:

To establish a new condition as service-connected, we will need any information you can provide that will help us link that condition to your military service. You should also submit current medical evidence. Be sure to include your VA claim number or Social Security number on all correspondence. Mail the completed form or other written request and any evidence you have to your VA regional office.

You may find the address for a VA regional office at:

For all current information about compensation and pension, eligibility, payment rates, applications, etc., go to  and click on the applicable links.