Advanced Search
Screen Reader users press enter to Limit by Topic.  Limit by Topic
Search Tips
Search filters applied

How do I get a foreign medical claim processed?

Published 07/13/2004 08:14 AM   |    Updated 03/02/2011 11:06 AM
How do I get a foreign claim processed?

Please contact the nearest U S Embassy and ask them for a list of Doctors who are available to conduct physical examinations needed by VA. If the examination is in a foreign language, VA will get it translated when it is received. Once you are found to have a service-connected disability, there is a program called Foreign Medical Program (FMP)designed for US veterans residing outside the US. Under FMP, VA assumes payment responsibility for certain services that are associated with service-connected conditions. FMP's phone is 303.331.7590 and their e-mail is: G.FMP@CHAMPVA.DENVER.VA.GOV.

For questions about the Foreign Medical Program, please go to