Inquiry Routing & Information System (IRIS)
How is a qualified fiduciary selected to manage a beneficiary’s benefit?
If it is determined that a beneficiary requires a fiduciary, the Fiduciary Activity will always select the most effective, least restrictive method of payment.
The fiduciary selection is based on an assessment of the qualifications of the proposed fiduciary. When seeking a fiduciary the following individuals may be considered:
- A spouse or family member,
- Court-appointed fiduciaries,
- Another interested party, or
- A professional Fiduciary.
An assessment of the qualifications of a proposed fiduciary includes but is not limited to:
- The willingness to serve and abide by all agreements,
- An interview with a VA representative,
- A review of the credit report,
- An inquiry into the criminal background, and
- Interviews with character witnesses.