Advanced Search
Screen Reader users press enter to Limit by Topic.  Limit by Topic
Search Tips
Search filters applied

How Do You Obtain or Increase SGLI Coverage?

Published 08/13/2012 08:06 AM   |    Updated 08/13/2012 10:23 AM
How Do You Obtain or Increase SGLI Coverage?

If you declined or reduced your SGLI coverage and later want to obtain or increase the coverage, you must complete and sign a form SGLV -8286, Request for Insurance, in the presence of an authorized representative of your uniformed service. You must answer all medical questions*. The representative will certify and file the application in your personnel file. Your coverage will become effective immediately, providing a review of your medical conditions is not required by OSGLI. Monthly premiums will be deducted from your pay.

* In some circumstances your application may have to be sent to the Office of Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance (OSGLI) for medical review.