Advanced Search
Screen Reader users press enter to Limit by Topic.  Limit by Topic
Search Tips
Search filters applied

Medical Treatment Records of Dependents, Military Retirees, and Others(created at military medical facilities)

Published 03/30/2011 05:00 PM   |    Updated 06/16/2015 05:08 PM
How do I obtain a copy of medical records created at a military facility?

Medical treatment records created at military medical facilities fall under the jurisdiction of the National Archives Records Adminstration (NARA). 

For general information about types of records maintained at NARA, go to

For specific instructions on requesting medical records created at military medical facilities, please go to the NARA's web page for National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) at: