If you are unable to submit an inquiry because you received an error message about a duplicate Social Security Number (SSN), duplicate claim number or a duplication of any other identifying information, please do the following:
1. Delete the information in the specific field that is generating the error (i.e., if the error pertains to a duplicate SSN, delete the information in the SSN field on the form.)
2. Scroll to the Question field at the top of the form and tell us the nature of the error. Also provide the specific information that you tried unsuccessfully to enter (i.e., if there is a duplicate SSN error, please tell us that the problem is a duplicate SSN issue and also provide the correct SSN in the body of the message so that we have enough information to track down the problem.)
3. In the Topic field, select: All Technical, Password and Access Problems, and then select Subtopic: VA Dept Website Tech Issues.
4. Leave your contact information (name, address, etc.) in the fields that have not generated an error so that we can notify you as soon as possible that the problem has been resolved.
5. In the Veteran Status section of the form (below your contact information), select: a General Question (Vet Info Not Needed).
6. Click the Submit button.
We offer our sincere apologies for any inconvenience to you.