If you are unable to submit an inquiry because you received an error message about a duplicate Social Security Number (SSN), duplicate claim number or a duplication of any other identifying information, please do the following:
1. Delete the information in the specific field that is generating the error (i.e., if the error pertains to a duplicate SSN, delete the information in the SSN field on the form.)
2. Scroll to the Comment/Question box at the top of the form and tell us the nature of the error. Also provide the specific information that you tried unsuccessfully to enter (i.e., if there is a duplicate SSN error, please tell us that the problem is a duplicate SSN issue and also provide the correct SSN in the body of the message so that we have enough information to track down the problem.)
3. In the Topics box, change the Topic selection to "All Technical, Password and Access Problems" and then pick "VA Dept Website Tech Issues" as the Subtopic.
4. In the Veteran Status section of the form (below your contact information), select "General Information" from the Veteran Status dropdown box.
4. Leave your contact information (name, address, etc.) in the fields that have not generated an error so that we can notify you as soon as possible that the problem has been resolved.
5. Click on the Submit button.
We offer our sincere apologies for any inconvenience to you.