Advanced Search
Screen Reader users press enter to Limit by Topic.  Limit by Topic
Search Tips
Search filters applied

How do I change my name in DEERS?

Published 01/06/2011 11:44 AM   |    Updated 03/02/2011 10:08 AM

How do I change my name in DEERS?

If your name has changed upon separation from the Armed Services because of marriage, divorce, or a legal name change, you need to update your name in DEERS to remain eligible for benefits.

To update your name in DEERS, follow these steps:

1. Call the DMDC Support Office (DSO) so that a representative can tell you which documents you should provide to process the name change.

· Phone numbers and hours of operation:

o (800) 538-9552

o (866) 363-2883 (for the hearing impaired)

o Monday through Friday 5:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Pacific Time (Closed on federal holidays)

2. Mail or fax a copy of the relevant name change document (i.e., marriage or divorce certificate) to the DSO. Include your social security number, current phone number, and address.

· Mailing address:
Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office
400 Gigling Road
Seaside, CA 93955-6771

· Fax number:
(831) 655-8317

NOTE: The name change process takes from three business days to three weeks to process. You will be contacted by phone or mail when the name change has been completed.