To get a Premium account, you must meet the following requirements:
· You must be registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).
Enrollment in DEERS is automatic for all service members and veterans who have served since 1982. Those who served prior to 1982 are being added from VA/DoD records.
· Veterans and Service members can obtain a premium account online by visiting the eBenefits website and using the DS Logon Registration Wizard's online identity authentication tool.
· Veterans and Service members holding DoD Common Access Cards (CAC) may use these cards to obtain a DS Logon premium account online.
· Military retirees can use their DFAS MyPay logon and password to self-authenticate and obtain their DS Logon premium account online.
· Upgraded MyHealtheVet users with a DS Logon now have instant access to eBenefits (via single sign on).
· Veterans in receipt of monetary benefits from VA via direct deposit can obtain a DS Logon account by calling 1-800-827-1000 option 7.
· You can visit a VA Regional Office or TRICARE Service Center and verify your identity in person. Bring the following with you:
- A government-issued photo ID such as a driver's license, identification card, or U.S. passport (expired or unexpired)
- A secondary form of identification such as a birth certificate, social security card, or picture ID
- An original or certified copy of your DD-214