Advanced Search
Screen Reader users press enter to Limit by Topic.  Limit by Topic
Search Tips
Search filters applied

Upgrade Or Change Discharge

Published 07/08/2009 10:11 AM   |    Updated 06/21/2011 02:31 PM
How do I get my discharge upgraded or changed?
Each of the military services maintains a discharge review board with authority to change, corrects or modify a discharges or dismissals that are not issued by a sentence of a general courts-martial. The board has no authority to address medical discharges. The veteran or his surviving spouse, next of kin or legal representative, may apply for a review of discharge by writing to the military department concerned, using Department of Defense Form 293 and also DD 149. You can obtain this form from your local VA regional office, call 1-800-827-1000, from veterans service organizations ,or from the internet