Are you interested in applying for positions within the Department of Veterans Affairs? If so, visit https://vaforvets.va.gov/Pages/default.aspx to learn more about VAForVets.
Are you interested in finding employment resources and connecting with employers from all sectors?
The Veterans Employment Center (VEC) is the federal government's single authoritative internet source for connecting transitioning Servicemembers, Veterans and their families to meaningful career opportunities. The VEC is the first government-wide product that brings together a reputable cadre of public and private employers withreal job opportunities, and provides transitioning Servicemembers, Veterans and their families with the tools to translate their military skills into plain language and build a profile that can be shared - in real time - with employers who have made a public commitment to hire Veterans. The VEC was created by the Department of Veterans Affairs in collaboration with the Departments of Labor, Defense and Education, the Small Business Administration and the Office of Personnel Management. The VEC can be found at www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/jobs. For a tutorial video on how to use the VEC, please visit www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWfhI-eSoWk.
For Job Seekers:
· Skills Translator: Translate military occupational codes into civilian skill equivalents for a powerful resume and learn about related civilian career paths.
· Resume-Profile Builder: Seamlessly import results from the skills translator into an online profile that users can download or publish to employers on the VEC. Publishing your profile on the VEC instantly connects you to thousands of employers looking to hire Veterans, transitioning Servicemembers, and family members.
· Veterans Job Bank (VJB): The VJB allows users to search over 1.5 million jobs in addition to all federal jobs - including positions reserved especially for Veterans.
· Employer Commitments: View a list of hundreds of employers and organizations that have made a commitment to hire or train individuals like you, and then link directly to their site to get more information and start the conversation.
· Other Resources: The VEC contains or links to a broad set of other informational resources designed to help you find meaningful career opportunities and take advantage of special government and partner programs.
· Veterans Job Bank (VJB): Easily post job opportunities that will be visible to and searchable by job seekers. The VJB links directly to the employer's job listing, so any updates to an employer's website are automatic and applicants are routed directly to your applicant tracking system.
· Search Profiles: The VEC provides employers with access to a vault of verified career profiles from transitioning Servicemembers, Veterans and their families. Employers can search these profiles by keyword and/or geographic location to find the right fit for your organization.
· Employer Commitments: Launch your public relations campaign to hire Veterans by making a public hiring commitment on the VEC! You even have the option to state the number of Veterans you intend to hire and update your status in achieving your goal.
· Other Resources: The VEC contains or links to a broad set of other informational resources designed to help you recruit and retain talented transitioning Servicemembers, Veterans and their families.
If you have any questions or need technical assistance with the site, please contact the Department of Veterans Affairs VEC support team at: email@example.com